Preventing A Break-In
"When you're thinking about how to make your home burglar-proof, you have to think like an opportunist thief, because a burglar will look for the tell-tale signs of weakness in your home."
The truth is that there is no amount of money that you can spend on home security to keep a well equipped thief, with an unlimited amount of time out of your home. The good news is that most thieves are not well equipped and they know that they have a limited amount of time to be in and out of a home.
There are simply too many easy targets for a thief to risk getting caught trying to get into a well secured house - unless of course you have something of extreme value, that they really want. In this case, you will need to do more than others to make the thief's job even more difficult and we can help you with this.
Key Points About Preventing A Break-in:
- Check that the euro cylinders in your in your front, back and patio doors are not flawed and if in doubt have them replaced immediately with ones that will withstand snapping and bumping. If you are not having this work carried out by ourselves remember to obtain a letter from your installer confirming the type of cylinder used and that it has Secured by Design approval.
- If you are worried about burglars kicking in your front or back doors consider replacing them with stronger security doors of similar appearance and make sure they meet the new Irish Burglar Resistance security standard IS EN 1627:2011 or Secured by Design approved doors meeting Pas 24 – 1. Again, it is vital you get your installer to get a copy of the certificate confirming your new doors meet these standards.
- It is quite common practice for individuals living alone to lock their bedroom door at night and many who do this often don't like to admit it. To all who do this we can say that you are not alone – in fact many thousands of Irish people do exactly the same thing. Our Burglarybuster Bedroom Door system was created to provide extra security for such individuals and also in response to those wishing to have at least one safe room or area to retreat to, in the event of finding a burglar in the home.
Don't become another victim to burglary or home invasion. Keep your home protected from break-ins when you choose from a comprehensive range of security solutions from Burglarybusters.
Home Security Audit
For a comprehensive list of 'tips' to help prevent a break-in see Home Security Audit.
CALL 01-4600016 NOW FOR QUOTE
Products & Services
- French Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Security Grilles for Windows and Doors
- Zentry Snap & Break Secure & Anti-Bump Cylinders
- Zentry Security Doors for Homes, Bedrooms and Apartments
- Front & Rear Door Security
- Bedroom Security
- Apartment Door Security
- Safe Rooms
- Bedroom Safes
- Commercial Properties
- Home Security Audit Checklist
PREVENTING THE MOST DANGEROUS TYPE OF BREAK-IN
“The most dangerous break-ins arise when the burglar is disturbed by the householder, as this can often lead to a physical attack in the home and so it is vital we find ways to keep burglars out altogether.” These were the opening remarks from Ciarán O’Connell,...
House break-ins leave legacy of fear
Testimonials from some of our satisfied customers
Three months ago, I had never heard of "Zentry Bedroom Security Doors.” Living alone, in a relatively quiet area, I thought I was pretty OK ,with Burglar Alarm + Sensor Lights. That was until I had a 4:30am alarm "scare,” which triggered a lot of "what if" questions in my mind. My sleep became disturbed & restless. I needed to feel safer @ night. There had to be a solution. I searched the Net." Burglarybusters" came up trumps!
I invested in a High Security Bedroom Door, with a steel frame, into which a 12 point locking system clenches. It looks exactly like a normal door, but is steel reinforced inside , & meets EU & Irish EU Standard-IS EN 1627-2011. It can be opened/closed manually on the inside, so there is no anxiety about possibility of getting locked in! I am delighted with "my new door,” feel 100% secure, and consequently sleep much better. I was very impressed by the high standard of service given by both Ciaran & Clive, who were professional, reliable, punctual & courteous.
Thank you both. - A happy customer!
Maeve in Cork